We were founded on the principle of Service. In the 1980’s, the maritime industry was comprised of well-known industry giants. There were also too many to count small companies filling a variety of niches. Some better than others. We set out to fill the gap between small and large by offering unique vessels, barges and equipment and a crew of very capable mariners. The idea was popular, and our customer base grew by reputation alone. Through the many changes in our industry, regulations, economies, ups and downs, we have remained true to our commitment to service.
Why use Pacific Maritime Group?
We hope you choose to work us because you trust us. That means we will do everything we can to earn that trust, from providing fair and honest pricing, good, reliable equipment, smart and capable people and a total commitment to safety. For years, we have lived by those promises and we will never take you, our customer for granted.
Where are we located?
We are headquartered in San Diego, California. Our proximity to all U.S. Naval installations, shipyards, the Port of San Diego and freeway close, we are ideally located to serve the local maritime community. We are also a convenient mobilization and point of departure for coastal and ocean towing and offshore projects.
Our Long Beach, California location serves the entire south and central coast, including the robust Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, Santa Catalina Island and the neighboring communities and islands. Our private terminal facility is ideal for staging and supporting projects from the entertainment industry to marine construction and much in-between.
We have a strong and growing presence in Santa Barbara, California and San Francisco Bay and Delta, and we continue to go where our customers have needs.
We are proud to be a part of and support some remarkable organizations.
- PMG is a Navy League Community Affiliate
- We are a Corporate Member of the Propeller Club
- We are a Corporate Member of The Maritime Alliance and recipient of the Maritime Environmental Leadership Award
- We are a Member of the Council for Dredging and Marine Construction Safety
- We are a Member of the American Salvage Association
- We are a member of the San Diego Port Tenants Association
- We are part of the Green Business Network in San Diego
- We are a member of CMANC (California Marine Affairs and Navigation Conference)
- We are a member of the Western Dredge Association
- We are a part of Dredging Contractors of America
- We support the:
- I Love a Clean San Diego
- Catalina Island Conservancy
- Master Mariner’s Association
- San Diego Maritime Museum
- We are a founding member of the Inland Boatmen’s Union of the Pacific and State of California Mariner Apprentice Program
- Our Company Regional Vice President Pat Neal is the 2019 President of the Propeller Club, Port of San Diego
- Our Partner, Steve Frailey is:
- Vice Commodore (2020) Southwestern Yacht Club
- Board Member of the San Diego Maritime Museum
- Board Member of Sea-San Diego
- Voting Member of the San Diego Harbor Safety Committee
- Life Member and former Board Member of the Navy League and Community Affiliate of the Year recipient
- Former Board Member and Past President of the Propeller Club (Two Terms)
- Former Board Member of The Maritime Alliance and Maritime Community Leadership Award recipient
- Former Board Member and Port Captain, La Playa Yacht Club